Now that you know how to create a box using the Box-O-Matic App you are ready to go. If you just want the plain box you can just upload it the way the app saves it. If you would like to modify or add a design then this post is for you!
Here is the video. Keep reading if you would like to see step by step instructions.
Step By Step Instructions
1. Create a new document in Adobe Illustrator.
2. Choose an Artboard size. I use a 18x11 inch artboard.
3. Place your file on the Artboard by selecting file and Place.
4. Go to object and ungroup. This design was ungrouped 3 times to get to individual pieces.
5. Choose Object, Path and then Join to close all the paths. Do this for each piece.
6. Change the fill color to solid to check for closed paths. If any piece is not solid you need to go back to step 5 and join again.
7. I chose to do a text design. This font is Chick-a-Leigh from Kitaleigh and is one of my favorites!
8. For cut lines I use RGB code ff0000 (red) and for Engrave I use the RGB code 0000ff (blue).
9. This is how my design looks once its ready for the glowforge.
10. Now you are ready to save! Choose save as, name your project and choose the SVG format. Next onto Glowforge!
Welcome! I hope you find some fun info within my crazy ramblings. I love to create things and to write so this is the perfect way to combine them! I hope you find something you love in my files, info, tutorials and more!